Project tittle: Moving borders for volunteering
Lead partner: Timok Youth Center, Zajecar, Serbia
Other partner: Free Youth Center, Vidin, Bulgaria
Project duration: 23.11.2016 – 22.02.2018.
Project objectives: The overall objective of the project is to create conditions for sustainable cooperation in cross-border region for increased youth participation in community life through social volunteering.
Specific project objective is establishing a network of volunteer centers across the whole border area and development of volunteering in social activities, established with a sustainable partnership between the TOC and the FYC.
- Research of situation and needs of social volunteering in border region of both countries
- Development of common methodology for social volunteering across border area
- Nomination of local organizations to become providers of volunteer services in local communities of cross border area
- Equipment of volunteer centers on both sides with basic tools
- TOT – Training for volunteer centers leaders
- Orientation and training of volunteers
- Testing period – practice of volunteers in social services/organizations
- Volunteer exchange visits (cross-border volunteering)
- Closing forum for evaluation of results
- Web platform creation
- Publications for dissemination of project achievements
Project number: CB007.1.22.039
Contract number: RD 02-29-275
The project is co-funded by EU trough the Interreg-IPA CBC Bulgaria–Serbia Programme, CCI No 2014TC16i5CB007.