Be part of the biggest volunteer event in south Serbia – join us in celebrating the pre-jubilee 9th year of Nišville’s volunteer programme!
Nišville Jazz Festival will continue its tradition of giving young people the opportunity to give their contribution to one of the most significant cultural events in Serbia all the while enjoying themselves and spending their summer in a productive and fun way.
300 youngsters are going to spend 11 days participating in the volunteer’s programme, collecting invaluable experiences and making new friends.
Over 3000 young people have took part in Nišville’s volunteers programme from 2010. forth. These people come from over 120 different cities both Serbian and foreign. In 2012. the team has been honored by a token with Constantine The Great’s image for extraordinary voluntary contribution to promotion and development of culture in this area.
Even the performers were charmed by volunteers. Many domestic and foreign names of the Jazz scene have complimented volunteers. A number of media services have, also both foreign and domestic, have reported about Nišville’s volunteers. A renowned Serbian musician Miša Blam has deemed the volunteers a trademark for the festival.
Nišville Jazz Volunteers have become a distinctive symbol of activism and solidarity. We are hereby inviting all interested volunteers from around the world to apply for the volunteership and contribute to the festival and become part of its huge story.
The volunteers are placed into 12 teams:
- Assistant Team Leader – Participates in managing an entrusted team and asissts the team leader in his activities,
- Audience Host – Welcomes the audience and directs people to their seats. Checks audience tickets and controls the entrance to the festival grounds,
- Musicians Host – Works with musicians during their stay in Niš. A musician hosts task is to be there for his/her musicians, provide them with what they might require and escort them to the festival grounds, their accommodation, etc
- Ladybug – Looks after guests of the festival, hosts people in the VIP lounge and provides them with assistance if necessary. The Ladybug is the trademark of the volunteers,
- The Bee – Performs activities related to the realization of protocols during the main and supporting events of the festival, from welcoming guests and handing out gifts to handing out festival awards. The bee is the trademark of the volunteers,
- Marketing – Performs activities such as advertising the festival, setting up advertisements or preparing gift shop stands and activities related to promotional journeys,
- Press – Keeps the press center up and running. Manages the volunteer blog and social media pages,
- Technical support – Provides support in setting the stage up and helping performers with their equipment onstage,
- Logistics – Provides support in setting up and executing the Festivals extra programme
- Catering service – Handles refreshments and food for all the Festivals participants
- Workshop – Participates in organizing the workshop programme. Helps with setting up and managing the workshop venue and participants, as well as the educational matine programme,
- Security – Helps hired security services in handling security on the Festival venues,
All candidates must be at least 15 years of age and read and willing to take on responsibilites during the programme. The volunteership lasts from the 2nd of August until the 14th August 2018. Volunteers work in shifts and everything is accustomed to the rules of volunteers management, and according to The Volunteer’s Law of The Republic of Serbia. Applying is done via an online platform on this address: http://volunteers.nisville.com/#/en
The call will end on the 6th of July, which is when the application form will close too. All questions and potential problems while applying can be sent via e-mail to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook event: Call for volunteers Nišville 2018!